A recent survey conducted by Dealstruck found that 97% of small businesses expect to grow or remain the same in 2016. 56% of small businesses surveyed are planning to hire this year. However, 70% say that they are unable to find qualified talent. Are you one of these businesses struggling with a hiring plan and finding qualified employees?
Follow these tips to find qualified employees:
- Identify the best recruiting methods for your business. Many businesses rely to heavily on word of mouth, while very few are utilizing various advertising outlets when it comes to hiring.
- Don’t wait too long to hire your first employees. Don’t wait too long to fire bad employees.
- Conduct interviews and pre-employment screenings.
- Beware of giving too much responsibility to new hires
- Provide training to employees.
- Develop an onboarding program for new employees, even if it is a simple one.
- Familiarize yourself with local, state and federal employment laws. Or, hire an HR consultant to ensure you are compliant.
Need assistance with hiring, or developing a hiring program? Contact Alternative HR today at 717-855-5589.